Garlic has many medicinal and health benefits. It supports you in many ways. Its importance gets proved by the statement of Dr Sikha Sharma who is a Health and Wellness Expert in Delhi. She says, “One of the earliest uses of garlic was by meat-eaters because it was believed that meat could cause infection which garlic could fight off from the body. More commonly used by labourers who are exposed to infections and disease-friendly environments till recently, its plethora of health benefits has made white-collar workers also take to it.” Here are some of the most garlic health benefits
Also read 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Onions
- It purifies the blood. Take two cloves of raw garlic with lemon and lukewarm water every morning. It helps you to flush out toxins and cleanse your system.
- The intake of 2-3 cloves of garlic a day improves your immunity and keeps you away from a common cough & cold.
- It prevents heart diseases. Daily consumption of raw garlic lowers cholesterol levels as it has antioxidants known as allicin. In addition, it regulates blood sugar level and blood pressure.
- It acts as medicinal treasures. It has been used as an antibiotic to treat fungal, bacterial and parasitic infections for more than 7,000 years.
- It prevents cancer. Several studies have disclosed that there is an association between the prevention of colorectal and stomach cancer and daily garlic consumption.
- Its regular use slows down the ageing process. It protects the skin from the effect of free radicals and slows down the reduction of collagen that leads to the loss of elasticity in ageing skin. It gives you relief from eczema, ringworms and fungal infections.
- Regular use of 2-3 cloves of garlic may help you to improve bone health. According to a research in menopausal women disclosed that daily dose of garlic extract similar to 2-gramme raw garlic decreased the marker of oestrogen deficiency. This study suggests that garlic may have a beneficial effect on bone health.