All of you want to have a healthy and toned body. Due to lack of time, some of you are unable to go to a gym to work out for having a good physique. Don’t worry as we have come up with top 3 home based ab exercises in our series of health and fitness articles. No need to join a gym to develop abs. Just do the below mentioned 3 ab exercises.
1. Donkey kickbacks – Inspired by yoga, it is intense but easy to do. Get into the habit of this move.
- Go down on all your fours placing toes on the floor.
- Draw your stomach inwards and contract the abs.
- Raise your both knees a few inches up from the floor. Fetch your right knee to your nose keeping abs contracted.
- Take your right leg straight behind you squeeze the butt. Repeat it 5-10 times.
- Now, switch to the left leg and do the same as you have done with right one. Repeat it 5 to 10 times.
2. Low-belly legger – Do it if you wish to have six pack abs
- Lie down on the floor having face to the ceiling. Make a right angle (90 degree) bending your knees. Contract your stomach and place your hands at the back of your heads.
- Raise your shoulders and keep inhaling for five seconds.
- Stretch your legs up to 45 degrees while exhaling. Be in this position for five seconds and squeeze your lower abs.
- Do 2 sets for 10 times.
3. The teaser – Inspired from Pilates, this exercise can be done anywhere.
- Lie down on your back.
- Make a right angle (90 degree) by lifting your legs and bending your knees.
- Inhale keeping your stomach tight and lift your arms slowly above your head.
- Take your arms forward while exhaling and form a V-shape by straightening the legs with your body.
- Slowly go back to the previous stage bending your knees and fetching arms overhead.
- Do it as per your capacity. Increase the repetition slowly and bring it up to 20 times.