First Published 22 April 2017 Edited & Updated on 4 August 2021
Fake eggs come into news from time to time. Recently, I have also watched it on a TV news channel and so, I have decided to share my knowledge with you. Based on my research on the Internet, I can say the first fake eggs originated on a website, ChinaHush. Artifical eggs are usually made out of some type of plastic or rubber, and they come in all shapes and sizes. So how can you tell if an egg is natural or artificial? Keep reading to find out!
Here are some ways to distinguish an artificial egg from a natural egg:
- Artificial eggs are quite cheaper in comparison with natural ones.
- The yolk and white mix together very fast as you crack the fake eggs, artificial eggs.
- Artificial eggs have slightly thinner shells while comparing with real ones.
- The shells of artificial eggs are slightly rougher.
- While shaking a fake egg you will hear sloshing sounds. It is due liquid flow from the solid agent.
- There is smell difference between artificial eggs and natural eggs. The natural eggs smell like raw meat.
- You will hear a crisp sound when you tap a real egg and this sound is not with a fake one.
- The yolk gets spread without touching it while frying artificial eggs. It does not happen with the natural eggs.
I am sure that you are aware of the health risks associated with eating artificial eggs. If not, please read on to find out more about this dangerous food trend and how it can harm your physical wellbeing. It is my hope that by reading this article, you will be able to make an informed decision for yourself or a loved one who might have been considering consuming these fake foods because they were deceived into thinking they are harmless.
You can also read – Quick Test for Some Adulterants in Foods