A Delhi based yoga instructor, Vinita Chatterji, says, “It is the only pose that you can do after taking meal. Doing this pose on a regular basis or daily helps, you to get relieve from constipation and facilitate nutritional absorbent in the body. One thing, avoid doing this pose if you have knee or leg injury.”
Vajrasana is made of two words – vajra and asana. The first means thunderbolt or diamond and the second means seat. This yoga pose is also known as Thunderbolt Pose, Diamond Pose, Kneeling Pose, Pelvic Pose or Adamantine Pose. Are you suffering from your abdominal problems? If yes, get your tummy problems solved with Vajrasana.
How to do it
- Place a soft mat on the floor and sit on it.
- By folding your legs, sit on the mat in such a way that you can touch your butt with with your heels.
- Put your hands on the lap. Your palms can be towards the floor or the ceiling.
- Be in this position for at least two minutes in the beginning. You can feel pain being in this pose. Take a break and start again.
- Increase the time for being in the seated position slowly and take it to half an hour.
Performing Vajrasana offers many health benefits. It helps you improve your digestion, get rid of constipation, fight with tummy problems, cure urinary problems, reduce hips, make lower body flexible, strengthen sexual organs and tone body muscles.