I hope most of you would be familiar with yoga. It doesn’t require any introduction as several Western universities in their studies have confirmed that yoga offers numerous positive health benefits. In order to keep you fit and healthy, we have brought up a collection of 3 yoga poses in our series of fitness exercise. If you are strongly eager to control your blood sugar level, perform any one of these 3 yoga postures and see the amazing results.
Performing this yoga posture enhances the hormonal discharge of the pancreas.
How to do it
- Place your feet very close to one another after standing up straight. Keep your hands, knees and legs straight.
- Fetch your right foot to keep it on your left thigh and make a right angle. If you can’t do it, try to place your right foot on the left leg so that you can maintain a balance and feel comfortable. Keep your right toe towards the floor and maintain your body balance on the left leg.
- Keep your palms together and fetch them to the centre of your chest by keeping them upwards. Lift your hands overhead keeping the palms together. Now bring your arms over your head keeping them slightly bent.
- Remain straight, look forward and be relaxed.
- Be in this position for 10-15 seconds and breathe normally.
- Come to your previous position slowly in decreasing order.
- Do the same with other leg and repeat the entire session for three-four times.
Dhanurasana (Bow pose)
It enhances the function of intestines and pancreas that lead to have control over the blood sugar levels.
How to do it
- Lie on your belly and keep the arms by the side of your body and the feet wide apart.
- Bend your knees and seize your ankles.
- Raise your chest over the floor and drag the legs up and back while inhaling.
- Keep smiling while looking straight. Bend your hips in accordance with the curve of your body.
- Be in this position while focusing on your breath. Your body is now like a bow.
- Keep taking deep breath to get relaxed in this pose. Stay in this position till you feel comfortable and slowly come back to your original position while exhaling.
Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Twist Pose)
Doing this yoga pose will massage your small intestines, kidneys, gall bladder, pancreas and liver. This can lead to enhance digestion and make toxins out from your body. If you are suffering from diabetes, you can have control on your blood sugar. In addition, it enhances the flexibility of sine and strengthens the spinal nerves.
How to do it
- Stretch your legs straight after sitting on the carpet.
- Fold your right leg and touch the left leg’s knee with it.
- Bring your right hand to the back of your waist, spread palms inside to place them on the carpet.
- Keep your left hand very close to your right knee and touch the right leg’s toe or ankle with your left hand.
- Twist your shoulder and head to the right side and look straight to the side of your right shoulder (means back side).