Using a little creativity, you can bring vividness in your daily meal. You have known varied types of parathas like Aaloo-Pratha, Gobhi-Paratha, Pyaaj-Pratha and many more. Today, learn how to cook Sattu-Paratha.
- Two cups-roasted chana dal powder (sattu)
- Five cloves- garlic
- Chopped fine or grated – Two onions, medium sized
- One inch ginger, cleaned and grated
- Three green chillies
- Chopped – Two tsp coriander leaves
- Chopped – Two tsp lime juice
- Half tsp ajwain
- Two pieces-mango pickle
- mashed or one tsp amchoor powder
- Salt to taste
- Two tsp mustard oil
For atta dough: Three cups of wheat flour Two tsp oil/ghee One-fourth tsp of salt
For stuffing: Mix all the ingredients with sattu and add one or two tsp water to make the stuffing moist and easy to fill.
For atta dough: Knead wheat flour, ghee, salt and required amount of water to make a soft dough.
Method for making sattu paratha
- Divide the dough into small portions and make it into round shape.
- Place a portion of the sattu mixture (approx two tsp) in the middle, enfold the filling and pinch off the excess dough.
- Then roll out the paratha.
- Cook on hot tawa or flat pan, applying oil/ghee till both sides are cooked and golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with curd, chutney or sauce.
- You can eat it in your breakfast, lunch or dinner.