First Published on 4 December 2014 Edited & Updated on 23 August 2021
Pike push ups are ideal for you if you have a desire for building shoulder strength. They are a great accolade to any upper body workout or shoulder workout. In addition, they are adjustable to almost any fitness level.
Like other body weight exercises, this workout is a genuine compound exercise as it makes several muscles to perform well. This workout is great for the back of the shoulders, the core, the back, and the hamstrings.
Also read 3 Exercises for a Toned Midriff
How to do it
- Keep your feet together on a step or a bench
- Place your hands on the floor in front of you
- Push your hips up to make align of your heads, hands and shoulders
- Keep your hands around shoulder-width apart
- Bow your elbows and lower your body till your head touches the floor
- Push yourself back up and bring the hands in the straight position
- Repeat the entire session for 2-3 minutes or over