Being a seafood lover, you desire to have varied meals made using seafood. By keeping this in mind, I have come up with Fish Biryani Recipe. Collect the ingredients mentioned here and follow the methods to make fish biryani at home.
Total Time – 60 Minutes, Preparation Time – 15 Minutes, Serving – 15 Persons, Calories – 446
1 kilograms fish fillets 4 Teaspoons powdered turmeric
1 cup ghee 5 Chopped onions
2 tablespoon sultanas 5 Cups of bastmati rice
2 pinches red chilli powder 5 Tablespoons cashews
2 pinches powdered cinnamon 5 Chopped tomatoes
2 teaspoon coriander powder 6 Cloves
3 litre water Salt as per taste
Ingredients for marination
1 Cup beaten curd
1 Teaspoon powdered turmeric
2 Ml lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients for marination. Rub this mixture into fish fillets. Keep the same aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat 2-tablespoon ghee in it. Saute rice for 20 minutes.
- Now, add 3 liters of warm water, 2-teaspoon salt and 1-teaspoon turmeric powder in the sauted rice. Bring it to boil.
- Cover the pan with a lid and lower the flame. Let the water get absorbed.
- Heat a cup of ghee and fry sultansa into it. Add cashews and keep frying until the cashews get golden brown. Fry the onions in the same pan and bring the onions to golden brown.
- Add 3-teaspoon turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder. Add the whole spices and 8 to 10-teaspoon water. Mix well.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring all the time. Add two teaspoons salt and fish pieces. Sauté them for 5-10 minutes.
- Add a cup of water and let it boil. Add curd and tomatoes as the water starts boiling.
- Cook until the gravy thickens after reducing the heat. Oil a heavy pan with ghee. Spread rice, cashew nuts, fish pieces and reserved sultans in layers with it.
- Repeat the process until the top layer of rice is garnished with cashew nuts and sultanas.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan with a lid. Keep cooking for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with fried onions and serve it after removing from the heat.