Chilli Mushroom, a classic Indo-Chinese snack, is loved by a large number of people in India. This flavorful and crunchy dish made with deep fried mushrooms is often served as a starter. It goes well with drinks, any summer beverage and cola. Here is an easy recipe to prepare Chilli Mushroom:
Preparation Time – 10 Minutes Total Time – 25 Minutes Calories – 170
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 chopped into cubes tomato
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 piece chopped green chilli
- 1 small chopped capsicum ( green pepper)
- 2 medium chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 3 pinches salt
- 3 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- 200 gm chopped mushroom
- 1 handful chopped spring onions
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- Mix together corn flour, salt, all-purpose flour, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper powder in a bowl. Add the mushrooms in the bowl and mix well when the mixture is ready.
- Take a deep frying pan and heat oil in it over medium flame. Keep frying the coated mushrooms until it gets crisp and golden brown. Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil. Keep only 1-2 tsp oil in the pan.
- Add garlic, onions, ginger and green chillies to the pan and saute them for 1-2 minutes. Add the red chilli sauce and little water when the onions turn slightly translucent. As the red gravy is ready, stir the mushrooms after adding to the gravy.
- Cook the mushrooms until all the moisture evaporates. Transfer the dish to a serving bowl. Garnish it with spring onions and coriander leaves. Pair it with any summer beverage.