During peak hours, it normally happens that you have to wait at the red lights. Sometimes it gets longer. This is the time that can you use for your health instead of playing with your smartphone or other devices or honking on other vehicles. Sitting in your car, you can do 3 simple exercises to stay healthy and fit. Start trying to take these exercises in traffic.
1. Arm exercise
With the support of your car steering, you can do push-ups while sitting inside the car. Follow the tips for doing push-ups in your car.
- Keep your hands on steering wheel at 10 and 2 O’clock position
- Start performing push-ups by moving your head and chest together while bending elbows
- Squeeze your shoulder blades at the end so that you can reach near the car steering wheel
- Release your back slowly
- Repeat the same at least five times
- It will help you in releasing shoulder blade and arm tension
2. Neck exercise
Turn your neck one side, hold it for five seconds, repeat it for other side and repeat the entire five times. Now, other neck exercise you can do in your car.
- Look forward while sitting straight
- Tilt your head to your right shoulder so that your ear can touch the shoulder
- You will feel a stretch on the side of neck
- Hold it for five seconds
- Come back to sitting position and relax for five seconds
- Repeat on the other side
3. Spine exercise
While sitting in your car at signal, you can do exercise for your spines.
- Sit straight and keep your back slightly arched
- Exhale and tighten your abs towards spines while keeping your back completely straight
- Keep tension in the abdominal muscles and focus on breathing normally
- Hold for five seconds and repeat it five times
You can do another spine exercise while sitting in your car. You need to turn your trunk one side while sitting straight. Hold for five seconds and repeat on the other side.