We need healthy, balanced and nutritious meals, but today’s busy life does not give us time to prepare them to eat as per our needs and choice. So, we get depended on fast foods and gain unwanted fattiness and weight. But where there is will, there is a way. If you are time-poor but want to eat nutritious, delicious and healthy meals every day… you can, and all in 15 minutes or less! The meal preparation time can be more shortened if you collect freshly prepare ingredients previously. In this way, you can save the time of chopping, washing, peeling, grating and all the other laborious and time killing tasks that add minutes to your kitchen preparation. Here we mentioned 10 items of meals that can be prepared within 15 minutes.
Ricotta and Honey Sandwich
This easy to make sandwich with ricotta, oat bread and sweet-tasting honey is a great early morning snack for busy people who don’t like to eat much in the morning.
- 3 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
- 2 slices of oatmeal bread or oat bread
- 1 tablespoon of sourwood honey
- Quarter tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Lightly toast the bread until it is golden and crisp.
- Spread the ricotta on the bread slice, add some honey and sprinkle in some red pepper flakes.
- Top with the remaining slice of bread.
Garlic & Thyme Tomatoes
- 6 large beef tomatoes
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 75g/ 3oz sliced onions
- 1 small ciabatta roll
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and slice the ciabatta roll open.
- Mix together the garlic, thyme & olive oil and heat in a frying pan.
- Season the tomatoes well and add to the frying pan along with the onions, gently sautéing until everything is soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile place the ciabatta halves in a toaster and lightly toast.
- Tip the cooked tomatoes on the ciabatta halves. Season & serve.
- You could use a little additional olive oil to drizzle onto the ciabatta loaves if you like.
Mexican Scrambled Eggs
- 1 red or orange pepper
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp low cal ‘butter’ spread
- ½ tsp each crushed chilli flakes & ground cumin
- 2 pieces whole meal bread
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- De-seed and slice the pepper.
- Break the eggs into a bowl.
- Lightly beat with a fork & season with a little salt & lots of black pepper.
- Heat the ‘butter’ in a frying pan and add the peppers, gently sautéing until softened.
- Stir through the chilli flakes & cumin and cook for a minute longer.
Country Style Breakfast Potatoes
This recipe will not just warm you up on a freezing morning but it will also provide most of the vitamins and minerals your body needs every day.
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 chopped small onion
- 2 peeled medium red potatoes cut into 1/ 8-inch pieces
- Salt & pepper
- In a frying pan heat the oil over high flame. Add in the potatoes and fry, turn once in a while until it begins to brown.
- Add in the onion and cook until it becomes translucent or for about one minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to mix evenly.
- Add three tablespoons of water and cover, lower the heat and simmer for about three to five minutes or until the potatoes become tender.
Garlicky Broiled Salmon and Tomatoes
Broil the fish and tomatoes together for a deliciously simple meal in minutes.
- 46-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Heat broiler. Place salmon and tomatoes, cut-side up, in a broilerproof roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle salmon with paprika. Scatter thyme and garlic over the top.
- Broil until salmon is opaque throughout and tomatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Shred a rotisserie chicken for this tasty main-course take on buffalo wings.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 hearty white rolls, split and toasted
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- celery stalks and leaves, for serving
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the wine sauce and chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Dividing evenly, form sandwiches with the rolls, chicken mixture, blue cheese, and celery leaves (if desired).
- Serve with the celery.
Couscous with Shrimp and Vegetables
Fresh couscous with green and purple kale, cherry tomatoes, onion and diced tomatoes. A super healthy pescatarian meal that’s made in a jiffy.
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat couscous,
- 3 oz cooked shrimp,
- 1 cup cooked, steamed or sautéed kale (green and purple),
- ¼ cup onion, sautéed,
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes,
- ¼ cup canned diced tomatoes with seasonings, white wine (to taste)
- Combine couscous, shrimp, kale, onion, diced tomatoes and cherry tomatoes on a plate;
- Add white wine, season to taste and heat through.
- For an extra flavor boost, try adding crushed red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, fresh chopped basil and/or minced garlic.
Fried Egg and Tomato Sandwich
Eat breakfast for lunch or dinner with this light and tasty fried egg and tomato sandwich. This quick sandwich is great for brunch, lunch or even dinner.
- 1 organic fried egg,
- sliced tomato,
- sliced cheddar,
- basil leaves,
- Add butter to a small pan over medium-high heat and fry the egg.
- Fold the egg in threes lengthwise and layer it on the base half of the croissant, followed by a few basil leaves, tomato and cheddar cheese.
- Add a little butter to the top half of the croissant, and sandwich together.
Southwestern Chicken Soup
- 112-ounce jar salsa verde
- 3 cups cooked chicken pieces (1 small deli-counter rotisserie chicken or leftovers)
- 115-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Empty the salsa into a large saucepan.
- Cook for 2 minutes over medium-high heat, then add the chicken, beans, broth, and cumin (if desired).
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.4.
- Add cumin and a jar of salsa verde for that authentic Southwestern kick.
Fast Fry Steak
This recipe is a mouth-watering steak that can be ready in 3-5 minutes.
- 4 ½ lb(s) fast fry steaks flattened with a mallet
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ bunch sage, leaves picked
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt, pepper
- Heat cast iron pan over high heat.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place flour on a plate, dredge steaks in flour.
- Place oil, butter and sage in pan.
- Place steaks in pan, sear for 30 seconds on each side, remove from heat.
- Serve with brown butter green beans.